A more natural alternative to the flu shot:
3 drops doTERRA Oregano
5 drops doTERRA On Guard
5 drops doTERRA Melaleuca
5 drops doTERRA Lemon
If you feel like you are starting to come down with a cold or a flu, put these oils in an empty gel capsule and take internally. Repeat every 3-4 hours until you feel better again.
My husband and I have been using this recipe, and found that it stopped our flu / cold in its tracks. My mother-in-law swears that it helped with her nasty flu as well.
Flu bomb recipe 2
My friend and colleague, Jaime, has used the following combination with great success. Combine the following ingredients in a capsule. Take every 4 hours (except while sleeping).
- 3 drops peppermint
- 2 drops oregano
- 2 drops frankincense
- 2 drops On Guard
This combination worked effectively, and she experienced an instant uplift after taking the capsules, likely due to the peppermint.
- If you want more doTERRA cold and flu recipes, click here, here and here.
- More ideas to assist with a bad cough and congestion, click here.
- Dilute 1-2 drops of thyme or lemon in 2 tablespoons of carrier oil (e.g., olive oil, fractionated coconut oil) and massage a little on their neck and chest; and
- Put oregano, melaleuca and OnGuard oils on their feet (1 drop of each and apply every 2-3 hours).
- You can also can add 2 to 3 drops of On Guard and 2 drops Lemon essential oil to a teaspoon of honey for cold or cough relief medicine for children.
Some other great ideas for flu bombs for children here.
You can purchase all of the above oils as part of doTERRA's Family Physician Kit, or purchase each oil separately. Price list is here. Information about ordering is here.