Essential Oils for Anxiety
The following are Jaime's favourite oils for anxiety...
- Balance is highly recommended for anxiety (and is actually, my favourite blend -- it smells exactly like being in a spruce forest). Balance is an amazing blend that is very grounding and helpful for recovering balance inside and outside the body. Anti-depressant, anti-anxiety, calming, soothing to the nerves, supports pancreas in processing sugar and carbs, pain relief to muscles and coordination enhancer. Apply Balance on the back of the neck, over the heart in a clockwise motion and on the wrists and rub wrists together and inhale.
- Wild orange, bergamot, lime -- all give a calm sense of well being and are uplifting to the mood. Jaime uses wild orange and Balance every night on her daughter's feet.
- Lavender - calming
- Frankincense - brain tonic, neurotonic, mind clearing, awareness, uplifts spirit, restores DNA and RNA
- InTune - blend of essential oils selected for their ability to enhance focus and support healthy thought processes. Take InTune (which comes in a roll-on botttle) and roll it up on each side of the spine or zig zag up the middle of the back then massage it in. Put a dot behind each ear at the base of the skull and massage in. Then, roll it up the neck. Massage in.
- All the above oils can be applied on the bottom of the feet, or behind the ears, if tolerated.
- If the scent bothers your child, you can put the oils on the feet and then put socks on so that the smell isn't as strong, or put them on after your child is asleep.
Stephanie's essential oil blend for anxiety
Stephanie from Family Health Naturally found the following blend to be very helpful for helping her son's anxiety. Her son also has Asperger's syndrome.
1-2 drops each of Balance, Lavender, Elevation, and Wild Orange
In her son's case, she found that Balance and Lavender wasn't enough. Adding Elevation and Wild Orange to the mix was exactly what her son needed. You can layer these oils on your child's feet.
- Lemon, Serenity, Aromatouch, Elevation, Breathe, ylang ylang, melissa, sandalwood, Citrus Bliss, geranium, clary sage, rose, basil, cypress, marjoram.
- The Aromatouch Technique can be used to help reduce anxiety and with sensory issues.
- The AromaTouch oils include: balance, lavender, melaleuca, on guard, aromatouch, deep blue, wild orange, peppermint. Jaime skips the Deep Blue and peppermint if it is night time because they can make you cold.
- You drop each oil by itself up the spine, 3 drops about for kids more for adults and then rub it in the whole length of the spine. There is a whole technique with each oil (which you can learn by purchasing the AromaTouch Technique Kit, or purchasing the instructional dvd separately) and it is amazing what it does for the nervous system. Jaime's kids are both so relaxed after. Also will help with sensory issues.
- This website shows acupressure points for relieving anxiety. These points are great points to put the oils on, as well as good points to help to help calm someone feeling anxious.
- Points (A) -- Heavenly Pillar
Location: One finger width below the base of the skull on the ropy muscles one-half inch outward from the spine. Benefits: Relieves stress, over exhaustion, insomnia, heaviness in the head, eyestrain, stiff necks, swollen eyes, and sore throats.
- Points (B) -- Heavenly Rejuvenation
Location: On the shoulders, midway between the base of the neck and the outside of the shoulders, one-half inch below the top of the shoulders. Benefits: Relieves nervous tension and stiff necks; increases resistance to colds and flu. It is also good for the lungs.
- Points (C) -- Crooked Marsh-- on both side of arm
Location: On the inside of the arm at the lower end of the elbow crease when the arm is bent. Benefits: Relieves nervous stomach, anxiety, arm pain, elbow pain, and chest discomfort.
- Points (D) -- Inner Gate-- on both side of arm
Location: In the middle of the inner side of the forearm two and one-half finger widths from the wrist crease. Benefits: Relieves nausea, anxiety, palpitations, and wrist pain.
- Points (E) -- Spirit Gate-- on both side of arm
Location: On the little finger side of the forearm at the crease of the wrist. Benefits: Relieves emotional imbalances, fear, nervousness, anxiety, and forgetfulness.
- Points (F) -- Third Eye Point
Location: Directly between the eyebrows, in the indentation where the bridge of the nose meets the forehead. Benefits: Calms the body to relieve nervousness.
- Points (G) -- Sea of Tranquility
Location: On the center of the breastbone, three thumb widths up from the base of the bone. Benefits: Relieves nervousness, anxiety, chest tension, anguish, depression, hysteria, and other emotional imbalances.
- Magnesium citrate was a big help with Jaime's daughter's anxiety. Magnesium will calm, help bowel movements and relax muscles and is also great for anxiety. A magnesium deficiency can cause anxiety.
- Ascaris parasite: gives off something called MD that causes anxiety. If you are seeing anxiety occuring in cycles this is a good possibility because when they mate they give off more of the chemical. Other signs, lots of food sensitivities, hyperness, weepiness and gut dysbiosis. Jaime's daughter had an issue with this. See information about essential oils and parasites here.
- Gaba imbalance - Gaba was another big help for Jaime's family with the anxiety. It also helps the body hand detoxing better and balances out the brain. You can get it at www.holisticheal.com.
- Read a great story about how Balance oil blend and Serenity oil blend helped a young woman's panic attack in 3 minutes here.
- Read a story about how Life Long Vitality supplements helped a woman with anxiety here.
I started taking Frankincense last June for bipolar, depression and anxiety. I just put a drop on my finger and hold it under my tongue for about 15 seconds. Since I have started taking the Frankincense, I went off of Klonopin, Amitryptiline, and cut down on Temazepam and Abilify. Taking the Frankincense has actually saved me money, and my health from nasty side effects from other drugs in the long run. - Tammy
My 8 year old suffers from EXTREME anxiety! We've tried many different concoctions, but her go to comfort oil is Lavender! No more excessive crying & since giving it to her her teacher has made comments on her new behavior. - Lucy