Everything Essential recommends the following essential oils for temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ):
- Deep Blue essential oil blend;
- frankincense; and
- Immortelle essential oil blend.
- Past Tense essential oil blend; and
- White fir.
Laurel at Terra Thrive has an informative article on how she used doTERRA essential oils and supplements for her TMJ. Prior to using essential oils, her jaw was at an 18 out of 20 for severity and the damage to the disc (the padding between the ball and socket joint) was irreversible. After starting essential oils, she is now almost completely symptom-free. She presents very detailed information about what she did to address the root cause of her TMJ by addressing:
- stress and anxiety (lavender oil, Balance essential oil blend, DigestZen, Vetiver, Myrrh);
- aid digestion (peppermint, fennel or DigestZen, TerraZyme Digestive Enzyme Complex);
- promote regular sleep patterns (Serenity, lavender, Balance; rubbing Sandlewood, Wild Orange, Ylang ylang, Coriander and Vetiver on the bottoms of feet, along the spine, back of neck and temples);
- calm the central nervous system (Balance blend);
- release anger (Wild Orange, White Fir and Balance);
- using doTERRA's supplements and other wellness products (Life Long Vitality Supplements and TerraZyme Digestive Enzyme Complex); and
- craniofacial massage (fractionated coconut oil, Helichrysum, White Fir, Vetiver, Balance).
At Just Jules, Julie says: "I have long suffered from TMJ and wanted to try the oils for my jaw. This Deep Blue Rub gave me relief that I didn't think was possible".
You can read about the experiences of others who used doTERRA essential oils for TMJ here.