Strengthening the body systems is a must with any thyroid issue :
- GX Assist / PB Assist detoxification;
- Lifelong Vitality supplements; and
- The AromaTouch Technique is an additional way to strengthen and balance the body.
- 2-4 drops Balance and Geranium
- 2-4 drops Lemongrass and Myrrh
- Alternate the above two combinations weekly. Apply them directly to the thyroid area, the reflexology points on the feet (great toes), and on the wrists multiple times per day. For ease of application Balance/Geranium blend and Lemongrass/Myrrh blend can be in roller bottles.
- Some also suggest supplementing with Peppermint and Clove
- 5 parts Lemongrass
- 5 parts Clove
- 2 parts Frankincense
- Prepare the above blend in a roller bottle and apply topically to thyroid area (and reflexology points on feet) 3 times per day
- One person found simply putting 2-3 drops of Frankincense topically on the area 3 times a day reduced the size of the goiter caused by hypothryroidism.
April from doTERRA Oils for the Win is following the following protocol:
- 10 drops Clove doTERRA essential oil
- 10 drops Peppermint doTERRA essential oil
- 10 drops Lemongrass doTerra essential oil
- Fractionated Coconut Oil
April found that within a week of starting this protocol that she stopped having a mid-afternoon crash and stopped craving sugar.
For adrenal fatigue, Laura recommends:
- 2 drops of clove and 2 drops of rosemary essential oils over her kidneys.
- Rosemary essential oil stimulates the adrenals and kidneys and helps with exhaustion.
- Clove essential oil also helps stimulate these organs, but is great as well for hypothyroidism and thyroid dysfunction.
- 10 drops Myrrh,
- 10 drops Lemongrass,
- 2-3 drops Clove,
- 2-3 drops Peppermint in a roller ball.
- Roll directly on thyroid area several times a day at first until you get results.
- Depending on symptoms, results could be more energy, hair and nail improvement, better sleep, etc.
- Continue to use once or twice a day until you feel you are functioning normally, and then once in a while when you feel the need. However, do not stop any thyroid medication without the consent of your doctor.
Laura recommends diffusing energizing essential oils in a room diffuser can help energize the body, combat fatigue or sluggishness that often times goes along with low thyroid function.
- Great energizing essential oils are cinnamon, eucalyptus, lemon, lime, grapefruit, rosemary and peppermint.
- Placing 4 drops of rosemary essential oil in a room diffuser helps to stimulate energy and combat fatigue or sluggishness associated with low thyroid.
- Essential oils of lemon, citrus, peppermint or eucalyptus also promote energy, boost your mood and reduce fatigue.
- Add three to five drops of the chosen oil to your diffuser, one to three times a day.
- Life Long Vitality supplements, DDR Prime and Zendocrine to clear out all glands, kidneys, liver, adrenals, liver of toxins
- Pain - dilute Deep Blue and apply topically
- Tiredness and depression - Elevation, citrus oils, Peppermint
- Anxiety and irritability - Balance and Melissa
- Consistency of application is important.
Megan shared an amazing story at Tink's Journey to Wellness.
My name is Megan. I had Hypothyroidism and was using hormone replacement for treatment. I had been using Armour Thyroid for about 9 yrs. My dosage had been gradually increased over the years and I really did not want to be on hormone replacement the rest of my life. My doctor told me that it was not possible to heal your thyroid, but I decided to use essential oils to heal my thyroid anyway. I have had such good results with other health problems using the oils that I had confidence enough to try. So I quit taking my hormone replacement and began using the oils. My doctor said, “well, come back in six months and we will see how much worse you are.” I gave it a year before going back for testing. My symptoms were gone even though I had not been using the thyroid oils for several months. It was time for the moment of truth. The test results came in and my doctor in his assessment concluded, “Prior history of hypothyroidism documented. TSH indicates now normal function. No concerning clinical symptoms. Will follow.” I was thrilled that my body was able to heal with the help of the oils.
The oils that I used were as follows:
- Roll directly on thyroid area several times a day at first until you get results. Depending on symptoms, results could be more energy, hair and nail improvement, etc.., then you can use once or twice a day till you feel you are functioning normally, and then once in a while when you feel the need.
Shannon's storyMy friend was diagnosed with Hypothyroid and could not afford the medications so I gave her Peppermint and clove and had her apply it to her thymus bone ..in a week and a half of use morning and night she went back to her doctor for blood work.. Her reading came back and the doc was shocked .. her reading went from high to NORMAL and he even asked her where she got the medication .. she told him it was essential oils and he said keep it up ..I could not have done that with the medication..
I have Hashimoto's disease which is hypothyroidism. I take the Lifelong Vitality supplements, Mito2max and lemongrass.
I have been hypo for about 12 yrs now. I use Lemongrass, clove, & peppermint. I have 25 drops of each with fractionated coconut oil in a roller that I use right on my thyroid 2-4 times a day. I feel better then what I did on the prescriptions from the doctors... I do also have a roller with the same oils and amounts for the bottom of my feet, that I put on at night when I go to bed.
I have also started talking the Life Long Vitality (LLV) supplements a few months ago.... I notice that I am not tired like I was...I could sleep 12 plus hours. I know the LLV has helped with my energy level.Sunny's story
I use peppermint and cinnamon over my thyroid every morning. Two of my life-long symptoms has been low temp and inability to maintain a healthy weight (the only time I was too skinny was when my celiac had kicked in and I couldn't keep food down/etc.) and lack of sweat regardless of exercise. By adding these oils and going on a Candida cleanse, my temp incrementally increased from 96.3 to 98.2 where it has steadied. I have lost nearly 30 pounds in 6 weeks and am sweating like I should be!Michelle's story
About a year before I learned about oils, I was diagnosed hypothyroid and used herbs, not meds, to help heal my thyroid function. A few months after I started using oils I had my thyroid tested and it was in the normal range. I used lemongrass and clove, sine that's what I tested for, a drop each at night on my throat and that was it. I use them now off and on depending on how I feel.Elizabeth's story
I've been having Mom use Frankincense, Clove, and Lemongrass. She's been putting them on her feet because she got a candida reaction on her throat. She's been doing it only once a day, but she says she can already tell that she's not losing as much hair.Heather's story
My hubby just stopped taking his Synthroid for his hypothyroidism. He puts his blend on his wrists and directly on his thyroid 2-3 times a day. He is now off of his Synthroid and his depression meds that he was taking because of the side effects of his Synthroid. In a 10 ml rollerball he puts 10 drops each of Frank, Clove, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Myrhh, and Lavender. He then adds fractionated coconut oil to it until it is about full. He's also onRebecca's story
the Lifelong Vitality supplements and Mito 2 Max as well.
DDR Prime brought my counts down from 5.6 to 1.6.Jessica's story
I have been using a blend of lemongrass, clove, frankincense, peppermint, and myrrh. I couldn't handle the smell so I started putting 5 drops of the blend in the veggie caps and take it 3 times daily. I'm amazed at how incredible i feel.Laura's story
I have Hashimoto's. I do Life Long Vitality supplements (1/2 dose), DDR prime (1/2 dose), Slim & Sassy (full capsule 2x day), then I rub either InTune or Immortelle or frankincense on my thyroid throughout the day. I am glutenfree, dairy-free and egg free. I dropped almost 800 points in my last blood work 2 weeks ago.Janeen's story
I have 3 clients with Hashimoto's. We use 2 blends: 1 week of lemongrass/myrrh followed by a week if balance/geranium. This routine just keeps repeating and all have had excellent results.Ying-Chen's story
My mother-in-law took Lifelong Vitality supplements and clove bud essential oil for one and a half month before her endocrinologist took her off her synthroid.Nicole's story
My friend just quit her thyroid meds. She is putting Immortelle on her thyroid morning and night.Kristy's story
I have been using Immortelle and Zendocrine over my thyroid twice a day and I have felt amazing I have had hypothyroidism for 12 years.Bonnie's story
A gal that I know was on the highest dosage of thyroid medication possible and was told she would have to get it removed in the near future because it was completely dead. She began using a drop or two of frankincense over her thyroid at least once a day since June. Her thyroid has come back to life!! She has since been able to drop half of her dosage and will be off all thyroid medication completely by January! She has had this problem for about 10 yrs and is so excited that this is working!Toni's story
I've been doing the DDR Prime (contains frankincense) for 2 months. My hypothyroid has really improved!Jerrica's story
I've been on levothyroxin for 6 years, but I really, really wanted to get off of it. Now...I will say that I was *borderline* when I went on the meds, and I've never had a single problem since starting them. But I did feel they were causing some anxiety and hyper feelings, so I started to ween myself once I started with doTERRA. I started on Lifelong Vitality supplements, then I started doing lemongrass in almond milk once a day. I sometimes do the lemongrass/clove/peppermint on my throat, but it makes me itchy and break out, so I don't do that often.
I completely stopped taking my pills at the start of this month. I have the bottle in case I start to feel wonky...but so far...I feel the best I've felt in a looooong time!! I'll get my bloodwork done in December or January to see how it's going, but so far, I'm incredibly thrilled with how I feel!
For some other ideas and recommendations for hypothyroidism:
- Laura's blog post, Healing Hypothyroidism Naturally.
- Brittany's blog post, How I kicked my Autoimmune disease into Submission, at Real Sustenance here.