It blends well with Bergamot, Lavender, Clary Sage, Douglas fir, and Peppermint. Keep in mind that because it's a citrus oil, it's best to avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying it to the skin.
Here are 10 Ways to Use Tangerine Essential Oil:
- Sore muscles - Rub 1 drop of Tangerine oil on the area of concern.
- Poor Circulation and Water Retention - Rub 1 drop of Tangerine oil over the area of concern or place one drop in a veggie capsule and take internally. If you struggle with circulation issues often, especially water retention, you'll want to use foods and oils that will help support the adrenals. The adrenal glands control the levels of hormone aldosterone which is what keeps edema and swelling in check.
- Achy joints - Rub 1 drop of Tangerine oil on the area of concern.
- Summertime Diffuser Blend (this is a lovely blend!) - 3 drops Tangerine, 3 drops Lavender and 2 drops Douglas fir.
- To Reduce Stress - Rub 1 drop of Tangerine and 1 drop of Lavender on the bottoms of the feet, or over the heart.
- Congestion - Rub 1 drop of Tangerine and 1 drop of Eucalyptus over the chest.
- Occasional Constipation - Rub 1 drop of Tangerine and 1 drop of Peppermint over the stomach.
- Energy Boosting Diffuser Blend - 3 drops Tangerine, 3 drops Spearmint and 3 drops Lemongrass.
- To Help Reduce Inflammation - Rub 1 drop of Tangerine and 1 drop of Frankincense on the bottoms of the feet each day.
- To Support a Healthy Metabolism - Put 1-2 drops of Tangerine oil in ice water and drink throughout the day. If you're not comfortable using essential oils internally, you can use them however feels best for you.