Slow cooker Thai hot chocolate recipe
- 1 cinnamon stick or quill
- 2 whole star anise
- 4 whole cloves
- 1-2 drops Ginger essential oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups (2L) milk
- 400g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Ground cinnamon, to serve
- Cook the cinnamon stick or quill, star anise, cloves, cardamom,
fennel and allspice in a small frying pan over high heat, stirring, for
30 secs on until aromatic.
- Transfer to a slow cooker. Season with pepper. Add the milk,
chocolate and Ginger essential oil. Cook on low, stirring occasionally,
for 1 hour or until mixture is smooth and heated through.
- Divide among serving glasses. Sprinkle with chocolate and cinnamon.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.