Some things to keep in mind when using essential oils on your children:
- When using essential oils on young children, dilute with 1 drop of essential oil in a 1 tsp of carrier oil such as fractionated coconut oil or any vegetable based oil. For infants, dilute 1 drop of essential oil in 1 tablespoon of carrier oil.
- Applying and massaging into little feet is an excellent application method for kids.
- Only use Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade oils on your sensitive children's skin.
- If an essential oil accidentally gets into a child (or adult's) eye, dilute with a vegetable oil, such as olive oil or fractionated coconut oil, NOT with water. Review other safety information here.
- Read this for information about babies and essential oils.
- After 14 years, the child can be treated with aromatherapy as you would treat an adult.